First time buat ni. Masa tu ada mak dan kak lin datang kat rumah. Saya suka. Mak kata sedap. Tapi suami dan humaira tak berapa suka. Luqman suka. Luqman selalu geng mama hehehe.
Resepi asal saya dapat dari sini. Tapi saya kurangkan sikit sukatan gula tu. Memang selalu saya akan kurangkan sukatan gula kalau dapat resepi omputeh ni.
Ini resepinya yang dah modified and simplified.
2/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
170g dark chocolate, chopped
120g butter, cut into pieces
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
For Cream Cheese:
227g cream cheese
1/4 cup (minus 1 tbs) granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
1. Preheat oven to 165 degrees C. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan. Alternatively use parchment paper.
2. Whisk the flour, salt and baking powder together in a small bowl; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the chocolate and butter. Melt them using double boiler method. Whisk in the sugar and vanilla extract; allow the mixture to cool slightly. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, fully incorporating each before adding the next. Continue whisking until the mixture is completely smooth. Add the dry ingredients and whisk until just incorporated.
4. Make the cream cheese filling by beating the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and egg yolk together in a small bowl until evenly blended.
5. Pour half the brownie batter into the prepared pan, spreading it in an even layer. drop half the cream cheese mixture, by spoonfuls, over the batter. Repeat, layering the remaining brownie batter and cream cheese filling. Use a butter knife to gently swirl the brownie batter and cream cheese filling, creating a marbled effect.
6. Bake until the edges of the brownies have puffed slightly, the center feels not quite firm when touched lightly, and a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center comes out with several moist, fudgy crumbs adhering to it, 50 to 60 minutes.
7. Cool the brownies in a pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove the brownies from the pan using the foil handles. Place the brownies on a wire rack; allow them to cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 3 hours. Cut into squares and serve. The brownies can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerate for up to 5 days.